Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Bootlegging bloggers posts, Shame on you Kerals dot com

On Monday May 26 around 11:30 AM I was glancing through my personal mail and found an email with link to this Malayalam blog post, reporting content theft by Kerals.com (you can read the respected post in English here). After reading the post, I went through http://www.kerals.com/ and found out that, this is not an isolated incident, because materials from so many bloggers are appearing under the Malayalam poems, novels and recipes headings of their Malayalam section.

To my surprise I stumbled up on my on blog posts under second page of Malayalam poems section, that too ten of them. Obviously I didn’t give permission to kerals.com to copy my blog content and place it on their website, and my blog is licenced under Creative Common license.


Here are detailed list of contents stolen by them one by one.




















I did send an e-mail to kerals.com on May 27, 2008 stating that they have unauthorized copywrited material from my blog listed on their website and I will be forced to take legal action against them, if they dont remove the copywrited contents form their site ASAP. Instead of replying to my e-mail, my IP was blocked from accessing Kerals.com. Here is the screen I got while I was trying to access their site.



Here are links to post of some of the fellow bloggers who are facing the same situation.

കണ്ണൂസ്‌ :- Are you a thief Mr. www.kerals.com

4 comments:

കരീം മാഷ്‌ said...

They Stolen my one article which published in Tusharam online with some alteration.

http://kerals.com/malayalam/kerala/kerala.php?t=5739&sid=875b3c88faa6c5f90b28396dc09e2bde

rahim teekay said...

പ്രതിഷേധിക്കുന്നു, തസ്ക്കരവീരന്മാര്‍ക്കെതിരെ..
കപടസ്വാമിമാരെയും കടത്തിവെട്ടിയല്ലോ ഇവമ്മാര്....

മലയാളം ബ്ലോഗേഴ്സുകളുടെ കൂട്ടായ്മയായ 'കേരള ബ്ലോഗ് അക്കാദമി' വഴി തുടര്‍നടപടികള്‍ക്കു ശ്രമിക്കരുതോ മയൂരാ?

http://www.keralablogacademy.blogspot.com/

krish | കൃഷ് said...

Protest, protest, protest!!!!!!
Protest against the blatant copying of many Malayalam Blogs and displaying it in the business portal www.kerals.com for earning money.

ശ്രീ said...

എന്റെയും പ്രതിഷേധം അറിയിയ്ക്കുന്നു.

ഇപ്പോ ദാ, കഥകളും കോപ്പിയടിച്ചു തുടങ്ങി.